Thursday, October 11, 2012

In my Place

One place i can see myself living in would be Anchorage, Alaska. I love the outdoors and that town seems to be where its at. I love the winter and i believe i could adapt to it, but at the same time it would be a really gigantic change. I looked up the possible salary right out of college for the career i am leaning towards and it would be around 49,000 a year. And i found that after bills, student loans, gas, food and such i would have an excess of around 400 dollars. But looking at this information up made me realize i don't actually want to do that for a career. Not because of the money, but i guess i never researched it before and the description didn't make me excited. I guess this is a good thing. But i feel i could be happy in Alaska because of the possibilities and the fact that the state government is in some control, and it kinda is often forgotten. Maybe its the hipster tendencies kicking in. Thinking about Alaska makes me think of just living my life forever exploring, forever just taking 6 month trips a a time do what i love. Just like every baseball player wants to play D1 and go pro, i just want to be sponsored by a company and  be payed to explore and wear/test out their clothes. But realistically i want to be in a place where individuals care about their surroundings and have similar values as me.

2 comments:

  1. These are some very interesting facts. Although, I must admit I am not a fan of the cold and the name "Alaska" makes me shiver. I would like to visit for the experience, but I don't think I could live there. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well finding a place that makes you happy is almost more important than the job you are doing there. just watch for that sun in the winter you might just find waldo first though!

    ReplyDelete