Friday, September 14, 2012

My personal Road Blocks

I am so very hard on myself. Especially when i am feeling mentally weak. For example when i run by myself, i constantly think of what hurts, from my ankle to my knee. Then my thoughts start saying that i can stop anytime i want to. No one will know, just you. Then my integrity comes in and i go military sergeant on myself and will i push myself to try and finish. My idea is to make small approachable goals on my running path.

For example: get to the fire hydrant, ok gooooood! now try for that small tree and so on.  The worst part about running on my own is that i have to be my own support system. But it makes me mentally tough.

My goal was to be apart of Dean's and Honors throughout my college career.

I feel that my negative thoughts would be that i can just quit.
I don't have to be apart of these programs. I don't have to attend all the pointless meetings and such. I can just drop the class and never worry about it again. It is extra. Not Required.

I can spin this.

Why quit? it sets you apart from other students. You were invited into these programs because they saw your previous experience that you can handle it and more. The meetings are fun, and great ways to share your interests. It is Extra, but It is worth it, and i am worth the effort.

So that sums up my thoughts while i run. And some intrinsic motivation.

1 comment:

  1. Carolyn, I think you're wise to consider both internal and external motivators for reaching your goals. There's the money and prestige of the Dean's and Honors programs, and then there's also the personal benefit of learning more, making new friends, etc.

    ReplyDelete